Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas cards past (part 1)



For several years now I have been painting small Christmas card scenes that I have been sending to special friends as Christmas cards. I can't remember exactly when I started doing this, so I did not save some of the early scenes that I did.

Along about 1997, I started doing a little better in this regard and began to save the various scenes that I would do. I think I did this to try to make sure I did not repeat scenes from year to year.

In that year I had visited New York City in November, and I decided to make that the theme of the cards. So here they are from that year: top to bottom, Washington Square, a path in Central Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, and another view of Central Park.

I paint multiple copies of these scenes and usually wind up sending our 20 to 30 cards. People seem to like them, and some tell me they have the whole collection, although my wife says they are just being nice.

I'll be posting more shortly.



5 x 7, watercolor on Arches 140 CP

Price: not for sale

About the paintings

I usually do three or four of one scene at a time. They take about an hour to draw and paint.

No comments: