Sunday, January 07, 2007

The catch

The football season has about a month to run, but this is probably my last football painting of the year (maybe).



College football will wrap things up tomorrow night with the big game between the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Florida Gators. It's some bowl somewhere, but I have lost track of the name or place. It's really the national championship game, and that's about all you need to know.

In honor of these two teams, I have deviated from the usual orange and crimson and donned these players with the colors of those schols -- more or less.

The catch -- 10 x 14 watercolor

Price: Not priced (make an offer)


About the painting


I had this sheet of watercolor paper in a stack of paper, and I'm not sure of the brand. It must be pretty cheap (Strathmore, maybe) because of the way the color surrounding the player has dotted up. That part of the painting was thoroughly wet when I painted it, and that is a characteristic of cheap paper. Still the figures turned out fairly well, and color within them is bold and has a range of values. So, all in all, I am pleased with the way this one turned out.

No comments: